American Cake Pops with Sugar Sprinkles – Easter Recipes
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
The little cakes on a stick are especially tasty for the little ones! The delicious cake pops are rolled into small egg balls from a homemade batter with a cream cheese buttercream. The colorful topping made of couverture and various sprinkles makes the sweet cake pops Easter eggs look very pretty.
Please review recipe:
- 125 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 125 g flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 35 g butter
- 60 g cream cheese
- 1 vanilla bean
- 75 g powdered sugar
- 200 g chocolate coating, white or dark, as desired
- 40-50 g sugar sprinkles, as desired
Prepare the dough
- Beat the soft butter with the sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs one after the other and add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the flour and baking powder and sift into the butter mixture.
- Stir everything together to form a dough.
- The dough Pour into a small greased baking tin and bake for 50 minutes.
- Let the sponge cake cool down.
Prepare the frosting
- Beat the soft butter with the cream cheese until creamy.
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise.
- Scrape out the pulp and stir into the cream cheese.
- Sieve in the icing sugar and mix in an even frosting.
- Cut off the edges of the cake.
- Crumble the cake into crumbs in a bowl.
- Mix the crumbs with the frosting.
- From the mixture, make about 20 balls or ovals Form eggs.
- Then place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the couverture in a water bath.
- Dunk the edge of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and the Spear the balls.
- Dip the cake pops completely into the chocolate coating.
- Drain off any excess chocolate coating.
- Decorate the cake pops Easter eggs with any sugar sprinkles.
Store the cake pops in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- hand mixer
- baking pan
- cake pop sticks