Airy cookies with meringue, jam and Nutella
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 130 minutes
The sweet with fluffy meringue dots and a layer of jam and Nutella not only look great, they also taste delicious.
Please review recipe:
- 2 egg whites, approx. 60 g
- 120 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 110 g butter, cold
- 30 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g flour
- 25 g almonds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 10 g jam
- 10 g Nutella
Prepare the meringue
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a water bath.
- Beat the egg whites in a metal bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Place the bowl over the water bath.
- Mix the egg whites for approx Continue beating for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and add 1 pinch of baking powder.
- Mix for a further minute.
- Preheat the oven to 90 degrees.
- Prepare a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Place the glossy meringue mixture into the piping bag .
- Place the small meringue tuffs on the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Let the meringue tuffs dry at 90 degrees for approx. 70 minutes.
- Let the meringue tuffs cool down.
- Butter, sugar, egg yolk, pinch of salt , flour, almonds and lemon zest to form a shortcrust pastry.
- Use your hands to form the dough into a ball with a little flour and press it flat.
- Put the dough in the fridge for approx. 30-40 minutes.
- Put the dough on a floured work surface between two cling wraps Roll them out thinly.
- Use any round, flowery or jagged cutters to cut out the cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 170 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down.
- Put a dollop of jam or Nutella on the cookies and the Put meringue on top.
The cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks in a tin. The can be dusted with cinnamon if you like.
- hand mixer
- piping bag
- cookie cutter