Airy apple pie with quark, vanilla and meringue made from shortcrust pastry
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 115 minutes
It tastes heavenly delicious. The short crust with a filling of cottage cheese and apples and a fluffy meringue makes this cake a dreamy dessert.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 300 g butter, softened
- 100 g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 480 g wheat flour
- 11 g baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1-2 drops vanilla flavoring
- 550 g cottage cheese
- 3 Egg yolks
- 4 apples
- 100 g sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 200 g sugar
- kitchen scales
- cutting board
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- kitchen brush
- kitchen spatula
- baking pan
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the softened butter with the sugar, vanilla flavoring and egg yolks until creamy.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- All to form a soft dough Knead.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Use a whisk to mix the cottage cheese, sugar and egg yolks together.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180- Preheat to 190 degrees.
- Peel the apples, core them and cut into wedges.
- Press the dough into a baking pan (approx. 25×35 cm), pulling up an edge.
- So that the dough does not get wet from the quark filling, Brush this with 1-2 teaspoons of egg white (not yet beaten) using a kitchen brush.
- Put the quark filling on the dough and spread it evenly.
- Place the apple slices overlapping the quark mixture.
- Place the apple pie in the preheated oven n.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until fluffy, starting at a low speed.
- Then increase the speed, gradually adding the sugar. Whisk until glossy and fluffy.
- Remove the apple pie from the oven and spread the meringue over the hot pie.
- Replace the apple pie in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let the pie cool and slice cut.